Hey there! I'm Ken, and I'm passionate about web design, teaching, and making a good cup of tea. I'm also very blessed to be the Web Marketing Director at Parker University. When I'm not there, you can usually find me coding around on a Wordpress site, snapping a few pics, baking brownies for my students, or reading 'Lord of the Rings' for the 6th (and final) time, I promise.
E-Marketing Director, Parker University, June 2013 – Present.
- Website Developer
Used Wordpress to develop and maintain the parker.edu site and sub domains.
Customized the parker.edu sub domains by creating templates and adapting plugins.
Worked with creative staff to develop new promotional content for parker.edu.
Optimized parker.edu and sub domains for multiple devices and search engines.
- Website Manager
- Developed the web governance plan for parker.edu.
- Provided support, training, and direction to content managers for the CMS.
- Worked with the university community to ensure that online materials adhered to guidelines.
- Social Media and Email
- Coordinated with copywriter and PR manager to develop online marketing communications.
- Worked with web designer to create new email templates that adhered to visual branding standards.
- Analyzed web, email, and social media traffic results to recommend future media plans.
- Supervised the web designer in developing and maintaining new web initiatives.
- Provided periodic feedback and formal reviews for web designer.
- Set and maintained creative standards for the e-marketing department.
- Reviewed and approved art and copy materials developed by e-marketing staff.
- Assumed responsibility for concepts based on input from clients and creative team members.
Online Marketing and Communications Manager, University of Dallas, Irving, TX, May 2011 – June 2013.
- Project Lead for udallas.edu redesign.
- Redesigned, developed, and maintained the university’s public website. http://www.udallas.edu
- Conducted student/faculty/staff surveys to determine the visual layout and information architecture.
- Developed the code and designed the visual layout for the page templates.
- Selected and assisted in installing the content management system.
- Set up training workshops for over 80 content managers.
- Web CMS Manager
- Supervised departmental web content managers.
- Trained new web content managers as needed.
- Taught quarterly web content management workshops.
- Web Developer
- Set up, designed, and developed the student newspaper website, http://www.udallasnews.com using Wordpress.
- Designed and developed new templates for the UD Ministry Conference and the College of Business.
- Assisted in troubleshooting content management system problems.
- Monitored and optimized the site for the best performance using feedback from Google Analytics.
- Email Designer and Developer
- Designed and developed departmental email templates.
- Trained content managers in updating and maintaining email templates.
- Flash Animation Developer
- Developed an online animation for the UD 2011 alumni reunion.
- Took candid photographs for use for marketing media at various UD events.
Adjunct Faculty, The School of Arts, Technology, & Emerging Communication, University of Texas at Dallas, DCCCD, August 2014 – Present.
- ATEC3361.501 Internet Studio
Adjunct Faculty, Multimedia Department, Richland College, DCCCD, January 2000 – May 2014.
Instruction provided: digital imaging, sound editing, web design and interactivity, computer animation, and portfolio development.
- 2D Interface Design;
- Basic Animation;
- New Media & Storytelling;
- Multimedia Capstone;
- Introduction to Multimedia;
- Interactive Multimedia 1;
- Web Design 1;
- Web Design 2;
- Portfolio Development.
Instructor, The Alliance for Employee Growth and Development – January 2008 – Present.
Taught Periodic Weekend Courses: Web Design for Small Business; Adobe Flash; Adobe Dreamweaver.
Instructor, Estonian e-Learning Development Centre, Tallinn, Estonia – March 10 – 14, 2008.
Workshops Taught: Digital Imaging; Adobe Flash Animation & Interactivity.